Tuesday 28 October 2008


Success and hard work all round

We had some very exciting news on Sunday. Auntie Coire had been to Stirling to compete in the Kennel Club Good Citizen Dog Scheme Special Pre-Beginner Obedience Stakes Northern Semi-Final. Phew, that was a mouthful! The Southern Semi-Final will be held at Discover Dogs in November. The top 5 collies and non-collies from each semi-final then go to the Finals at Crufts in March. Coire was very good, she not only qualified but she won her semi-final!! We're all looking forward to woofing her on at Crufts. Sue's put a big picture in her Grandma's Brag Book, I pinched a copy to show you.


The Good Citizen Dog Scheme is a very good training scheme that you can take part in at pet training classes. To enter the Special Pre-Beginner obedience competitions you have to have the Bronze Award. I've got the Bronze Award, but Auntie Coire is very clever, she's got the Bronze, Silver and Gold Awards. She's older than me! We knew she was clever though, she can carry 4 frisbees in her mouth and still catch more. Even Frisbee Queen Tilly can't do that, though when Coire's around she doesn't get chance to try.


Dad, Search Dog Beinn, was working hard at the weekend as well. He had to go out until 2 o'clock in the morning looking for some people that got lost in Langdale in that dreadful, dreadful weather. He got very wet, even wetter than I do when I'm playing. He's very brave and clever, but then he is a proper search dog. Dad is one of the fastest search dogs, earlier this year when 2 people were lost he found them so fast that he still had 11 1/2 hours left on his 12 hour glow stick on his jacket! I'm proud of my Dad.


I'd better go now, I can hear Sue banging the feed bowls. Better make sure I get my fair share.

2 comments:

Coire said...

Hi Mirk, thank you for including me in your blog. We're really chuffed with our success. I'm really looking forward to going to Crufts ... I believe there's a very expensive Swarovski crystal collar with my name on it - I think I deserve it!!!!
Love from Auntie Coire

Bodie said...

Hope you managed to get your share of the dinner I always do Bodie